Date(s) - 19/09/2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Our Corporate-Investor Pitch Days enable the best, emerging tech startups and scale-ups from around the world to engage and connect with decision-makers at larger organisations (e.g. corporates, brands, SMEs, NGOs) to explore collaboration and pitching for funding from a blended set of providers (e.g. angels, VCs, grant and loan bodies).
They are delivered by Empact Ventures powered by Hays plc, sponsored by Mazars. Linkilaw, Agile Automations, C6(n) and Gridizen with partners including Amazon AWS Activate, Syndicate Room, eOffice, BizBritain, Breakthrough Associates, The Venus Awards, Solid State Group and Zealous Digital.
How it Works
At the event, we super connect the best emerging tech startups and scale-ups with key decision-makers at larger organisations (e.g. SMEs, corporates, NGOs) interested in disruptive innovation and funding providers (e.g. investments, grants, loans) interested in supporting them.
The day is made up of the following:
- CorporateConnect Room: 10 x startups & scale-ups pitching for pilots, integrations, joint ventures, contracts and institutional investment / acquisition
- Investor Connect Room: 10 startups & scale-ups pitching for funding from angel investors, VCs, crowd-funding platforms, loan and grant providers
- Super Connect Networking Sessions facilitated by Empact Ventures with your needs and interests collected prior to the day and then matched on the day with informal introductions to the right people and after the day with formal email introductions
- On-Demand Breakout Rooms available for further discussions in private if required
Areas of Technology
The following areas represent the technology that will be on show through the pitches from the 20+ tech startups and scale-ups:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Data Attribution (e.g. driving optimisation of marketing to improve business outcomes)
- Data Programmatic (e.g. audience targeting, marketing automation and measurement)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber Security
- Augmented Reality (AR) / Virtual Reality (VR)
- Enterprise Solutions
Who Should Attend?
Our Corporate-Investor Pitch Days are designed for:
A) Corporates, brands, SMEs and NGOs to discover new innovative and disruptive solutions to their existing challenges to get into early discussions around collaboration (e.g. pilots, integrations, joint ventures, contracts, investment, acquisition) by hearing pitches from the best emerging tech startups and scale-ups from around the UK and around the world.
B) Funding Providers (e.g. angel investors, VCs, crowd-funders, loan and grant funds) to discover a high-quality source of deal flow of funding propositions for them to consider supporting
If you are interested, please register the appropriate ticket and answer all the questions in relation to your interests right now (e.g. technologies areas of interest, outcomes of interest, current challenges).
Then using these we will put the best-matched tech startups / scale-ups to pitch to the audience, and super connect each attendee to the right people you should meet with mutual need on-the-day and after the day via email creation of impactful collaborations.
Pitching at Corporate-Investor Pitch Day
If you are a tech startup or scale-up based in Bristol, around the UK or globally who would like to join our Corporate-Investor Pitch Day to pitch in-person or attend, please fill in our expression of interest form here
A member of our team will then be in touch to let you know if you meet the needs / interests of any of the attendees (e.g. corporates, SMEs, investors etc) and our selection committee of successful tech founders, experts, investors and corporate innovation leaders will help decide if to invite you to pitch in one of our 5 Local Corporate-Investor Pitch Days. These are taking place in Bournemouth, London, Cambridge, Bristol and Leeds between October 2018 and July 2019.
If you would like to attend only and not pitch, tickets will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis from our limited startup / scale-up attendee allocation.