Date(s) - 01/01/2019 - 01/01/2020
INCOME INVESTING SECRETS: How to Receive Ever-Bigger Dividend and Interest Checks, Safeguard Your Portfolio and Retire Wealthy
This is the ONLY available investing for income system that covers the full range of income investing, from stocks and bonds to preferred stocks and real estate investment trusts. AND which tells you straight out — ignore capital gains.
This website contains a lot of great information about income investing. You can learn a lot from it — but it’s like a jigsaw puzzle. Each page of content is one piece, and to get started, you obviously you need to see the Big Picture.
You need a step by step plan. You need a system.
That’s why I updated Grandpa’s work for the current financial markets, included the findings of modern financial research, and put together the 7 Principles of Income Investing. Using them, I evaluate all your income investing options, then come out with a plan for young investors, investors nearing retirement, and retired investors.
I’ve read the other books on income investing. They have some good information, but they focus on “fixed” income investing (a phrase I hate, because even a “small” 2% rate of inflation will eventually destroy the buying power of your savings, so instead I want you to invest for ever-increasing income). And none of them give you their value system up front, as I do.
When you try out the Income Investing Secrets system you get:
- The 24 reasons to invest for income. There’re more, but 24 ought to be enough. HINT: The most important reason is because it feels good to receive checks automatically, without selling anything. Pages 11-13
- The secret to using time to get wealthy. Called “the most powerful force in the universe” by Albert Einstein. My mother couldn’t do this, because she needed her investing income to raise two children . . . but YOU CAN! Pages 44-48
- The quickest and easiest way to invest for income and still have good diversification — My proprietary, unique K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stooker) portfolio. Buy only 2 different securities. If you want, just read and follow this chapter, and in the long run you’ll do better than 99% of other investors. Page 210
- This little-known form of business company has been a true “insider secret” for over 30 years. Now you can join the ranks of the wealthy who’re receiving ever-growing checks thanks to oil and natural gas — but these companies DON’T drill or refine! They never own, buy or sell a single drop of oil! — Page 121
- Fire your financial advisor! Take your money out of those “Life Cycle” mutual funds. This program gives you investment plans for those far from retirement, approaching retirement and in retirement. It’s not as hard as they want you to think, and I’ve done the work for you. And if you think I threw it together, just ask a fair-minded financial advisor if my recommendations aren’t suitable for income-oriented investors. They might argue details. They might argue the emphasis on income, but they’ll agree my recommendations are solid.
- Some people claim their stock picks can beat the markets. Some smart academics say the financial markets are too efficient to beat. Why I don’t care, and how you can profit from learning the truth. Pages 27-32
- Why academics thought Enron’s stock was less risky than the market . . . let that comfort you if you used to own Enron. THE TRUTH: If you chase after “growth” and fashionable, media-approved (Enron was often voted FORTUNE magazine’s Most Innovative Company of the Year) stocks, you can’t avoid future scandals. Page 31
- The little known type of bond that protects you against inflation — and you didn’t know President Bill Clinton left a great legacy to investors! But be careful — if you don’t watch out, they’ll raise your tax bill. I steer you around this hazard. Page 167
- This type of investment lets you shelter 80-90% of the income it pays to you from taxes — until you sell. Moral: Never sell. It feels so sweet to tell the IRS, “Screw you, I’m keeping this!” Page 123
- Why the Great Depression was a terrific time to buy stocks. After the stock market crash of 1929, income investors gained over 400% during the 25 years it took “growth” investors to break even. Page 48
- This type of cash-rich stock is part of the largest “industry” in the world — you’re using it right now unless you’re on a boat or in an airplane. In the U.S., it’s REQUIRED to pay you 90% of its net income — and most pay even more than that. Page 111
- Other financial writers must live in ivory towers where nobody ever gets hurt or dies, because they think “risk” is a mathematical concept. Some of my 7 Principles will protect you against the REAL risks of investing — and these don’t include price ups and downs. Pages 33-35
- The retired IRS agent who became the world’s greatest investor — and what you can learn from her. Page 44
- How much it’s costing you to take financial advice from stock-picking or market-timing gurus who claim to know the future. Dump everyone without a crystal ball 100% guaranteed by God. Page 62
- A full (and frightening list) of the many expenses of actively traded, open-ended mutual funds — including the sneaky charges they’re not required to disclose to you. Pages 75-77
- How to buy high credit quality, newly-issued corporate bonds without paying outrageous commissions. Don’t let bond brokers stick it to you! Page 152
- Why you should replace asset allocation with income allocation. The academics say you can’t beat the market because of transaction costs, then advise you to incur more transaction costs! What’s wrong with this picture. Page 193
- Many investors’ biggest problem is setting the money aside . . . here’s the psychological shift to make in your brain so you enjoy saving up for your retirement.Page 47
- “Put all your eggs in one basket and watch that basket very carefully,” right? Outrageously dangerous advice!Steer clear of anyone who tells you that. Pages 56-59
- WARNING! The greatest single threat to your buying power is weaker than it used to be, but if you don’t use some of your investments to fight back (and you’re under 100 years old), you’re doomed to lose. Pages 60-62
- What every other financial writers advises you to do — which I think is a tremendous waste of the greatest asset you have in life. (My mother’s too busy acting in local plays, stepping into quicksand in the Ecuadorian jungle and going out to dinner with friends!) That’s why I call this the lazy investor’s guide to wealth. Pages 66-70
- The many major problems with mutual funds — that cost you more money in more ways than you think, and why so many investors rely on them anyway. Follow this income investing plan, and you’ll have the understanding and confidence to ditch these over-hyped losers. Page 74
- The average mutual fund spends $16 million a year of YOUR money on __________ _____________ . . .most of it wasted! Page 75
- The many ways mutual funds make you pay more taxes. What you think is a year-end inconvenience is whittling away at your retirement funds with a machete. What’s worse, they force you to pay your savings to the IRS even when their share prices go down! Pages 75-79
- Why index mutual funds are better than actively-traded mutual funds, but are still optimizing a dysfunctional investment strategy. Nobody else DARES say that. Pages 80-81
- The new form of investment that beats the living daylights out of actively traded mutual funds. Some of them are perfect investments for different types of income investments. I point you to the ones you can use to secure your retirement. Pages 86-88 and Pages 182-190
- WARNING: When your broker wants you to jump into one of these investments (a type of mutual fund), fire his ass! Pages 89-93
- How you can make money by investing in the most important liquid in the world . . . many experts predict future wars will be fought over it, and IT’S NOT OIL! Page 107
- This traditional “widows and orphans” type of stock did help Mom support my sister and I when we most needed the income . . . and you’re allowed to take advantage of its safety and income too. Page 108
- Now you too can now invest like a venture capitalist — make big money by helping small business get off the ground. These profits used to be closed to everybody making under $200,000 a year or worth under $1 million. If you’re willing to take some risk (only with a small part of your total portfolio, please), you can join in the game and may earn a big return. Page 127
- The index of companies that have paid higher dividends every year for at least 10 years (some have raised their dividends every year for over 100 years!)and how to easily invest in all these companies by buying just one security. Page 185
- How almost anyone in the world can participate in the largest bond market in the world, without paying any commissions. I give you the website address where you can open up an account that’s free for balances under $100,000. Page 141
- What determines an investment’s true value — don’t wind up as the “greatest” fool. Page 36
I want to thank you for trying out Income Investing Secrets by offering you 3 free bonuses:
1. VARIABLE ANNUITIES EXPLAINED: Tax-Shelter an Unlimited Amount of Money from the IRS and Guarantee Yourself a Lifetime Income Without Getting Ripped Off
Shopping for variable annuities makes sending a rocket to Mars seem like child’s play. Here I explain how they work, what to look for, and the scams to avoid.
You can’t get all this information from any book on the market. The books sold on Amazon are out of date, and the available ebook on variable annuities isn’t comprehensive, and doesn’t explain how they work. I know — I paid around $300 for all of them.
- Already maxxed out your IRA and 401(k) contributions? How you can put an unlimited amount of money into a tax-sheltered account. Why don’t conventional financial writers advise you to do this? Page 14
- The 3 stages of variable annuities . . . many writers mix them up, which confuses readers. Why you may never need or want the 3rd phase. Pages 11-12
- The two ways to lose when you buy a fixed annuity, and the two kinds of people who may want to buy them anyway. Pages 2 and 4